logo blog
Welcome to Ateng go blog
I hope what I share here can be useful to us
Thanks to you all for visiting my blog

How to Maximize Windows Defender in Windows 8

With the problem of the use of large memory resources on antiviral use, I do not like to install antivirus on my computer. This I did from the beginning I was using Windows 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and now Windows 8.1. I've tried using several antivirus and the result remains the same, is very burdensome consequences of the performance of my computer. True as it is, that the average of all antivirus requires quite a lot of memory resources. Starting from free and paid antivirus.

My choice is very risky, especially when I am using Windows XP operating system without any additional antivirus. In the past when I was using Windows XP without any additional antivirus, I am very hard to maintain the health of my computer. Because I did not install antivirus then my computer frequently hit by malware or virus, and several times I had to fix my Windows XP system.

That was my experience when I use Windows XP without any additional antivirus. But now it is different, now I am quite proud to microsoft, where since the release of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 now has enhanced security system for the better, especially with their new feature called Windows Security Essentials (Windows 7) or now Windows Defender (Windows 8 and Windows 8.1).

If you are using Windows 7 you will see Windows Security Essentials and Windows Defender is a system for the protection of existing in the system Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Both of these features are built into Windows is to have the same function, such as antivirus or security systems like, which will keep your computer from malicious application attacks. And they also need to be updated like most other antivirus databases. The function updates this database to identify whether there is a new rogue applications that can exploit security holes or malware, or other similar applications that can harm the system.

Just with Windows Security Essentials (Windows 7) or Windows Defender (Windows 8) if you regularly update then it is enough to protect your computer from malware or a virus attack. So you do not need to install additional antivirus which usually can slow down the performance of your computer if you only have a small memory specifications. This I say, this is only for the personal computer, not to a computer with a large network is usually very risk to attack, using premium antivirus is the best option.

Now how do I maximize the Windows Defender (Windows 8) so that it can work optimally to protect our personal computers?

Here are my tips on how to maximize the performance of Windows Defender (Windows 8), are:
  1. Regular database updates, this is the key factor. If you do not update the performance of Windows Defender into nonsense. For this you need a live Internet connection, because Windows Defender does not support offline to update.
  2. By default Windows 8 does not have a scan with Windows Defender option in the context menu in Windows Explorer so it is not easy for users to be able to scan all the files on your computer manually. The features are very very important if you often use the flash disk, DVD, external HDD or other storage media.True that Windows Defender will work or it will automatically perform scan when you access files on storage media connected to your computer, including FDD, DVD, external HDD etc. But often times we are not sure with this kind of performance. To this we should add the option Scan with Windows Defender in Windows Explorer Context Menu. With this additional menu is easy for us to manually scan a file, such as other antivirus performance.

  3. By default Windows 8 does not show the try icon for Windows Defender as usually appears at the bottom right corner of the taskbar like other antivirus. You can install it yourself. And with the try icon for Windows Defender you can always monitor the performance of Windows Defender in Windows 8



To make it easier to add both the above features, you can download and install these files. Do not worry I guarantee these files safe.

Note:
  • I tried these tips in Windows 8 not in other versions of Windows.
  • My tips to add to the context menu Scan with Windows Defender does not work on folders, but only works on files.
  • Restart your computer after installing the above applications, since these features are related to the system registry which requires a restart to save the registry settings.
These are my tips on how to maximize the performance of Windows Defender in Windows 8 to make it more optimally to care for and maintain your computer without any additional antivirus usually very damning performance of our computer. With these tips you can make Windows 8 more secure and you can still run your computer in the comfort (fixed light). Thank you.

Enter your email address to get update from Ateng go blog.
Print PDF
Next
« Prev Post
Previous
Next Post »

Copyright © 2013. ateng go blog - All Rights Reserved | Template by Kompi Ajaib Proudly powered by Blogger