logo blog
Welcome to Ateng go blog
I hope what I share here can be useful to us
Thanks to you all for visiting my blog

How To Connect USB Pendrive with Android Devices using USB OTG

How do I connect the USB stick to the Android device? It's easy. How to connect USB stick with Android devices is to use a tool called USB On The Go or commonly called USB OTG. You can buy a USB OTG in smartphone accessories stores in your town. The price varies between 15 to 35 dollars, depending on the brand and features provided on the USB OTG.

Shape USB OTG is like this:



There are also USB OTG like this:



But i like this one:



My reason is the brand and she already include a small flash, and without cables, so it is more efficient and simple.

But keep in mind that not all Android devices are compatible with USB OTG, it depends on the kernel that is installed on your Android. However, it never hurts to try.

In addition, There are several Android devices to connect to the flash must be ROOT first. But there also are not to be in the ROOT first, depending on the type of your android smartphone.


Using the USB OTG on Android devices with ROOT

In my current practice, I use android device Nexus 5. Actions that I did the first time to connect the USB flash with my Android is the ROOT process. If you do not already know about ROOT on Android, you can find articles about ROOT android smartphone.

After I finished doing ROOT on my Android, I then installed the Android app called USB stickMount. I find and download USB stickMount for free here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.stickmount&hl=en

Many say this USB stickmount application can automatically mount and dismount the USB stick is connected to various devices such as the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 (Nexus 4 is not supported) and also to some other series like the Android HTC, SONY and LG, but I can not be sure really works or not because I did not try them one by one.

After I finished installing USB stickMount, I then plugged the USB OTG to my Android smartphone. And then I open Explorer or File Manager Android, and there I found a new folder named usbStorage. And after I open, it is a content of my USB stick.

Here my flash mounted on the folder "/sdcard/usbStorage/xxxx/"

These is completed the steps to connect a USB flash to the Nexus 5 by way of ROOT.


Using the USB OTG on Android devices without ROOT

And now, how to connect the flash on the Nexus 5 without having to do a ROOT process? Way easier, I live install an application called Nexus Media Importer, I find and download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer&hl=en

With Nexus Media Importer app, I do not need to do a ROOT process so that Android can connect with my USB stick.

With this USB OTG you do not have to worry anymore with limited internal storage on your Android smartphone. You can choose flash 2GB or 4GB or 8GB or 32 GB of storage media to add to your smartphone.

NOTE:
  • Be careful to ROOT android, you should contact an expert, and ROOT process can void the warranty of your smartphone.
  • I just did the above guide to the flash disk with the Nexus 5 is not with other devices.

Enter your email address to get update from Ateng go blog.
Print PDF
Next
« Prev Post
Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Some phones and tablets do not support this function so it is wise to search the web to find if your device is compatible with this function. I explained a little as to why I was looking for an alternative to buying one online and let me go a little more in depth as to why I chose the DIY route. The top two reasons are, it would be cheaper and I wouldn't have to wait for it, You can make one for under 2 dollars with stuff you more than likely have lying around your house! USB OTG (USB On The Go) is a standard that enables mobile devices to talk to one another. Traditionally mobile devices could only connect to a Mac/PC by USB, but USB OTG makes it possible for devices to connect directly to each other.And that's not all USB OTG can do. By enabling your device to act as a USB host – that is, to be the boss of other devices that you connect to it – you can use additional hardware such as storage, keyboards or even musical instruments together with your handset.

Balas

Copyright © 2013. ateng go blog - All Rights Reserved | Template by Kompi Ajaib Proudly powered by Blogger