With the discontinuation of support by Microsoft, is predicted to bring big chance for malware disseminators. Windows XP will most likely be the target of the attack, on the other hand users of Windows XP is still quite a lot.
How do I survive using Windows XP after Microsoft ended its support? As quoted from Digital Trends website, The following are some tips that you can do as a user of Windows XP before the support ended by microsoft, is:
- Install all the latest updates of Windows that has not been previously installed.
- You can download and install a free antivirus like Avast or Avira etc.
- In addition to the operating system, you also need to update the application that is still in use, such as the browser plugins like Java, and other..
- Search and downlaod and then save all the drivers required by your computer such as motherboard drivers, VGA, sound cards, printers, monitors and others that support Windows XP.
- Create a system recovery for Windows XP. Store the recovery disk for Windows XP. Recovery discs can be equipped with all the drivers and supporting applications your computer. This disk is useful if at any time the operating system is having problems. Software such as Acronis True Image can be used to store the operating system and all system settings as well as all existing data on your computer.
- Join the forums on XP. As of today there are many users of Windows XP, some of them joining in online forums that discuss about Windows XP.
Although with various tips above, you can not survive forever with Windows XP. One day, you will have to upgrade or replace your computer hardware. Do not worry, Microsoft has reportedly offered a cheap solution for users of Windows XP to replace your computer and to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8. You interested? wait for the next article or visit the official website of Microsoft maybe you can immediately replace your old computer to the new computer with Windows 7 or 8 at a very low price.