Microsoft reportedly will soon discontinue support for Windows XP in 2014's. However, China reportedly asked to delay a decision to be taken such Microsotf. Because the reality in China using an operating system that already had 12 years of age is still a lot. And it was not just in China alone in the whole world after Window 7 and Windows 8, Windows XP is ranked 3 SO most widely used today. This means that Windows XP is still needed in the entire world.
Based on the above facts, I would like to give a tutorial on how to add the SATA drivers on Windows XP installations. Why do I consider this important? since the original Windows XP does not support SATA. And today is the SATA HDD is the latest type of HDD after some time and emerged SSD. And in fact most of the currently available computer using SATA HDD, no longer a PATA HDD. About HDD PATA and SATA HDD I will not explain here.
By default in Windows XP, SATA HDD still will be recognized as an IDE drive, so Windows XP is able to recognize the SATA HDD SATA drivers should be added. Or it can be added after running Windows XP (install). But here I will explain how to add the SATA diver in the Windows XP installation files so that it can continue to be used in the future without adding it again.
Here's how to add the SATA driver on a Windows XP installation:
- Prepare a CD or an ISO file of Windows XP, then copy or extract Windows XP and save it on your computer.
- Download for SATA dirver your computer type. You can also pick up from the CD / DVD when buying your computer. If you do not have it please download, for example download from Intel's official website or the official website of the manufacturer of your computer mainboard. Extract and store on your computer.
- Download and install nLite, then run it.
- In nLite, select the input file and Windows XP will be added SATA diver.
- Select the option you want to add at the time of processing nLite Windows XP installation files later, at the stage select Drive and Bootable ISO button.
- Select and insert the SATA driver files that you have downloaded or your copy. This dimenu you can select single or multiple drivers.
- Begin the process of entering the diver SATA in Windows XP instalation.
- The last stage is the process of storing the Windows XP installation files already added the SATA drivers. Choose your liking. Windows XP files can be burned on a CD or can be saved in ISO format.
- Done. Windows XP with SATA drivers ready to install whenever you want.
One advantage that I feel from using Windows XP with SATA drivers is that Windows XP be a little faster when compared to just using the standard IDE ATA drivers. It I think, what do you think?
- And one important thing you should do if you are going to install windows either windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows XP with SATA drivers is you must change your computer's BIOS settings from IDE mode to AHCI mode