With the increasing number of online websites on the internet by the various categories of content that are not suitable for children, parental supervision becomes a problem that can not be ignored. There is a substantial risk that threatens of the convenience offered by the internet, and all the negative consequences will have an impact on attitudes, mental and mindset of the child. illegal content, gambling and adult content is the greatest enemy of the parents, so that the necessary measures should be appropriate.
This time I will review the application with the parental control function named Qustodio. Qustodio is an application that has many of the features of the control program on the user's activities, especially for children under the age in which the administrator can manage user access based on certain parameters so that users can easily control the activity of surfing in cyberspace.
How to setup and use Qustodio are:
- The first step you need to do is download Qustodio here: http://qustodio.com/
- Once the download is complete, double-click the file to install the application Qustodio. Click Accept and Install, wait until the installation is complete.
- After installation is complete, launch the application Qustodio, this application looks very eye catching, simple and easy.
- Steps you need to do in the first stage is to create an account for each child, select I Do not have an account Qustodio, and then click Next.
- Select the number of children who want to monitor their activity, you can edit it later.
- Type a name for your child.
- Fill your child's sex, date of birth and the avatar you want, click the Next button when finished.
- Fill Device Name by any name, but try to be more specific so that you will remember.
- Creating an integrated Windows account, click Add New Account Windows and click the Next button to continue.
- Is complete, restart your computer for the changes to be stored in the system.
- After the computer restarted, run Qustodio, and then click Configure.
- Next you'll be taken to a page in the Control Panel where you can see your child's activity in cyberspace. To do further settings click Rules & Settings.
- On Web Browsing Rules tab menus, blocks dangerous websites for your child category, the category with the color red has been successfully blocked, click the needle to see other categories, then click the Block category if you want to block that category.
- In the Website exceptions you can enter the site address exceptions that you think is dangerous for your child. In this section there is an option to do a block or allow access to your liking. Click Add when you are finished adding the site.
- To set the time online, click the Time Usage Limits tab and then click Enable Schedule option to Yes and set the time you want. The red one is the time-limits for online, and gray is the time that is given to the child to use the internet.
- When all the settings have been saved, the application will give you a warning that the site is not accessible complete with a description of the reason for blocking, as seen in the image below.
As parents, we naturally want to provide the best for our children, but sometimes we give freedom is often misunderstood by the child which led to actions that should not be done. By using this application you Qustodio like having a powerful tool to restrict the activities of children in cyberspace without a word, shout or making threats that are not good for the mental health of children.