VLC media player is one that must be installed on a Linux machine or Windows machine, because VLC is a media player which is very power full. Where VLC is able to play various video formats, so we will not be bothered to look for additional codecs like other media player.
Here are some of the features of VLC:
- Rip DVD
VLC features Rip DVD, you probably rarely use it even does not know because there are so many software that can be used to RIP the DVD. By harnessing this feature, you would no longer have to install new software to RIPDVDs, because we can do with VLC. And the results were disappointing.The following are the steps:
- Open the media menu, then select the Convert / Save. Choose the Disc Tab.
- Select starting potition and rip only specific titles or chapters. The result should Format *. MPG
- Finally, select the Save menu.
- Downloading Video From Youtube or Other Free Video Provider.
If you want to download video from youtube and other video providers website you can use this VLC, do:
- Copy video URL you want to download and paste the URL in the Media menu +Open network stream, and then click Play.
- After you click the play menu, then open the Tools menu + Codec information and at the bottom there is a Location box, Copy URL contained in the Location box and paste in the web browser, then your browser will automatically download that video
And you can also use other alternative, that is to record video on the existing record menu in VLC.
- Convert Audio and Video files.
You can also convert multiple video and audio formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, OGG,MP3, etc.. To convert audio and video formats the following steps:
- Go to Media + Convert / Save.
- Click the Add button to select video or audio that will change the format then click the Convert button.
- The final step is to choose what format you want to convert video or audio that you Convert.
- Play files inside rar archive file.
Probably most of you do not know if VLC can play the video contained in the rar archive. You can also play rar files are broken up into multiple rar files, and does not need to combine them because VLC will automatically combine them for you.