One technique is the fastest spreading viruses today is the flash media disk. Dissemination through the lash disks typically use the autorun feature or referred also to autoplay.
If your computer includes a frequent guest arrival of USB flash disks, the method below can be tried. The following manner will reduce the potential of your computer got a virus through the flash disk.
Here's how to prevent the spread of computer virus with toggle autorun / autoplay:
- Open the run box. Can via Start -> Run or press the Windows key on the keyboard, hold and press the R key (Windows + R).
- After the run dialog box appears, type gpedit.msc, press OK.
- Then the Group Policy window will appear.
- Go to the folders Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System.
- Double click on Turn Off Autoplay.
- Later in the Turn Off Autoplay Properties window select the Enabled option. In the Turn off Autoplay option on select All drives. Click Ok.